Saturday, April 25, 2015

The Day in the Life of Jeff Rudes

5:45 A.M. I quietly get out of bed. Make my caffè Americano and jump on my computer to correspond with Europe and New York. My day has officially begun.
6:45 A.M. My girlfriend, Terre, and the three dogs come downstairs. She grabs a coffee and sits down to pick my brain for advice on her growing clothing company, Feel the Piece. She makes us a blueberry protein drink and breakfast.
7 A.M. My assistant calls me to go over the morning’s schedule. I continue with calls and emails until I leave the house.
9:30 A.M. I roll calls all the way to work. I am always sure to check in with the New York and Los Angeles showrooms to touch base on J Brand business.
10 A.M. Arrive at the company offices downtown. My office is right in the middle of the excitement in the creative space of J Brand. My publicist is always waiting in the wings for my arrival to facilitate an interview or show me a new press clip.
11 A.M. Every week we do a conference call with our US sales team and our design and marketing teams. Today we discuss our best-selling Houlihan skinny cargo in the new sateen fabric. I love my team and coaching these calls.
NOON Lunch is scheduled as a management meeting. We bring in salads from Salad Farm downtown. After our meeting, I check in with Terre, return calls, reply to emails and chill a bit until the afternoon gets going.
1:30 P.M. Merchandising and design meeting. Our fit model walks in wearing our latest design. We all agree this jean is another winner in the making.
2:30 P.M. Meet with the marketing and art departments to discuss our upcoming ad campaign shoot. We brainstorm photographers, models and location.
2:45 P.M. My IT guy comes into my office and hands me my new iPad. I love this thing.
3:30 P.M. I walk through the J Brand factory, where more than 200 dedicated people are working on sewing machines, all roaring away.
5:30 P.M. Make my way home and take my 1958 Harley-Davidson out for a ride—I feel like Steve McQueen. I meet my friend Ron Herman at his Melrose store to check out the J Brand department. We have a few laughs, chat about business and golf, and then I head home.
7 P.M. Terre finally gets home. We discuss our day and chill for a bit with the dogs. It’s our favorite time of evening.
8:30 P.M. We meet our daughters, Sasha and Shelsea, for dinner down the street at Il Sole. We have a delicious bottle of red, Dover sole and penne arrabiatta.
10 P.M. We head home. We’re greeted by the pups and then head to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment