- Cohen is a self-professed “adrenaline junkie.” He loves to race dirt bikes and motorcycles.
- He is a bit of a brainiac. He graduated high school with a 3.8 GPA and got an academic scholarship to Florida State to study business. Cohen ended up taking theater classes and discovered his passion for acting.
- Cohen is married — and to a former daytime actress. He and Mandy Musgrave, the original Chelsea Benson on "Days Of Our Lives", tied the knot on May 18, 2011. They met on the teen drama series “South of Nowhere” in 2005.
- He’s also a proud papa. Cohen and Musgrave welcomed their first child on April 4, 2015, a son named Macklin.
- Cohen is partners in Trinity Boxing Club, a gym in Los Angeles. When his boxing trainer, Martin Snow, offered him the opportunity to get involved, he took it. He calls the sport “a super huge part of my life.”
only has he worked in front of the camera, but behind it as well. Cohen
was a producer on the film “The Outside” and a director on TV series
“Cowgirl Up,” while appearing in both projects, too.
- To prep for his recurring role as a Young John Winchestor on “Supernatural,” Cohen watched the work of Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who plays the older John, in The CW series, “Grey’s Anatomy” and movies. However, he pulled mainly from “Grey’s Anatomy,” because he felt young John would be “much more naive and innocent” than the older, callous John.
- His favorite comic book series/super hero is Silk by “Supernatural” writer, Robbie Thomson. The character first appeared in The Amazing Spider-Man.
- Not only does Cohen appreciate his fans, but he doles out hugs to them at events. ” I figure it’s the least I can do when these people are supporting [my] body of work” he told in 2011. “Without fans, without what’s called ‘box office’ in our industry, you can’t work. You can make independent movies for the rest of your life, but you’re not going to make enough money to survive. Nobody’s going to see it. You’re not going to get the exposure. It’s never going to progress [your career]. So you’ve got to have the fans… I want the fans to know I appreciate them. I really really do.”
- To help “Supernatural” co-stars Richard Speight and Rob Benedict raise funds to produce their comedy web series “Kings of Con,” Cohen made a bold promise. He vowed to run through the streets naked, when their Indiegogo campaign reached $200,000.
Friday, February 12, 2016
Who is Matt Cohen?
Matt Cohen will become a soap star on the ailing General Hospital on February 4, as the soap’s hot new doc, Griffin Munro. While Cohen is a newcomer to daytime, he’s had an extensive primetime career, including recurring roles on “Supernatural” (as Young John Winchester) and “How to Get Away with Murder” (as Levi Sutter). Here are 10 things to know about Matt Cohen:
Posted by at 8:34 PM